Monday 1 April 2013

On The March!

So after a very slow running start to 2013 it was great to have a decent March. It was set up for a good month, with 5 weekends as well as a Bank Holiday. The only way to make it more perfectly suited for a big mileage month would be to have had it also including Bank Holiday Monday. I had hopes of a record mileage month at some points but in the end had to settle for just short of 102 miles. The average pace was also well inside 8 minute miles, helped by 5 races as I did 3 parkruns, a 10K and a Half Marathon. I ran 16 days out of 31 so 3.5 runs a week which is approaching a good level of consistency. Would like to see 4 runs a week in April, but may depend on how quickly I recover from the Marathon.

Speaking of Marathon! I have beaten the mileage I did in the lead up to my PB Marathon a mighty 148 miles in the 3 months leading up to the race as well as beating the long run of a Half Marathon by running 25km on Easter Sunday. With two weeks still to go I expect to do another 25 miles or so before race day. All of that would appear to stand me in good stead. My PB however was run off the back of the LEJOG fitness built up on the bike in the summer followed by PB's at Bristol and The Great North Run in the Half Marathon. Thus my expectations for Brighton are far away from a PB, I am looking to run somewhere between 3:50 and 4:00 which I think is very attainable.

Once Brighton has been safely negotiated I will then use the good training and racing from March and the Marathon to push me forward into my heavy race programme with 10K's and parkruns aplenty and the Southend Half Marathon before the scary 24hour Ultra at the end of July. Lucky for you loyal readers this should leave you with plenty of Blogs to plough through. I will write again after the Marathon, till then readers, happy running.

No comments:

Post a Comment