Sunday 3 June 2012

Week 14 of 18 - Recovery and plans

So after the disappointment of Edinburgh this week has been a case of recovering physically from the Marathon which took at least 3 or 4 days and starting to get over it mentally. That has involved me booking at least another 3 races for the tail end of this year and the start of 2013. My race calendar looks like this at present:

June 2012 - Southend HM - Not expecting to beat course record of 1hr 32 mins or PB of 1hr 30. Would hope to go quicker than sub 1hr 40.

July 2012 - Outlaw Triathlon - Want to finish. No real time goals at present. Perhaps sub 15hour.

August 2012 - Canterbury HM - Want to be sharp again and will be looking to get close to my PB.

September 2012 - Berlin Mararthon. Have detailed out a training planning spanning 16 weeks. Probably will only be able to use 14 weeks of it with the Outlaw happening at the beginning. If I follow it well though I expect to comfortably beat 3hrs 30.

October 2012 - Great South Run. PB is 1hr 12 and is a little soft so expect to beat it. Perhaps running sub 1hr 10.

November 2012 - Billericaey 10K - Not booked yet. PB is good but if I have run well in the previous 3 races it could be in danger.

December 2012 - Albert Park Parkrun - Just a little something to round off 2012.

January 2013 - Folksworth 15. Not booked and haven't got it past the wife yet. My 15 mile PB is from the Benfleet 15 with lots of offroad and so will be smashed if I do this race.

February 2013 - Great Bentley HM - Not booked. A local race and one that I like alot. PB will be the target.

February 2013 - Bramley 20 - Not Booked. Prep for Brighton in April and my PB is again not that strong and so I would hope to beat it comfortably.

March 2013 - Silverstone HM - Close to Bramley so may just use as another prep run for Brighton.

April 2013 - Brighton Marathon - I expect this to be my last Marathon for some time and I would love to go fast.

So as you can see a packed schedule but one that I think has some good structure to it.

This weeks training consisted of one 2 mile recovery run on Thursday which went well and a couple of 28 mile cycles this weekend. Hope to follow these up with longer rides on Monday and Tuesday as well as a couple of runs before the Southend Half Marathon on Sunday.

Hoping to have good news to report back with next time. Until then loyal readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment