Monday 25 June 2012

Week 17 of 18 - Nearly There!

Sorry readers, I almost forgot my blog for this week. It isn't full of training but I suppose that has been the trend of these blogs. Lauren and I moved into our new house this weekend with big help from my parents and Lauren's Mum and Brother and so training time was limited to nothing.

There was no bike commute this week, my not so trusty steed was in the bike shop for repair but is now back with new brake pads, chain and back ring. I am going to collect it from my parents tonight and will test it out on the way home.

I also did not do the open water swim as intended and so in true late,late style I have entered a 1500m Big Speedo Swim race/event this Saturday the day before the Outlaw. This is at the same lake where a day later I hope to do a 2.4 mile swim. So it should be ideal prep, I will try to take it easy so I'm not exhausted for the Outlaw the next day. I hope to do it in around 40minutes.

The only training I did this week was two runs one 5 miler and one 3 miler. Both showed me what poor running shape I am in at the minute. Pete pointed out the monotony of my running routes and that is something I should probably look into. Particuarly now I have moved and so there are some new routes to do. So there you have it the sum total of this weeks training 8 miles ran in a little over an hour.

This weeks training plan is as follows:

Monday - Cycle 3 miles
Tuesday - Run 4 Miles & Cycle 15 Miles
Wednesday - Run 3 Miles
Thursday - Run 5 Miles
Friday - Driving Lesson
Saturday - Swim 1500m
Sunday - Swim 2.4 Miles, Cycle 112 Miles, Run 26.2 Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment