Thursday 19 April 2012

Week 7 of 18 - Recovery of Sorts

This week I had no training planned, my body was in bits after the Ultra and I was still on holiday. The week ended with my friend Ross Stag Do and so I was expecting plenty of drinking but no training.

But on Saturday we went for a 28 mile mountain bike ride in the wet and up a crazy 20% hill, all 8 of us that made it that far had to stop at numerous points up the hill but I was the only one that didn't walk which was quite satisfying. We had some close calls but all 11 members of the stag party survived our wet, muddy, bike ride.

The Sunday was then a 3 or so mile canoe down the river, with the stag succeeding in throwing himself into the river 4 times in the first 5 minutes. I managed to stay relatively dry and win both of the races we did, with a massive help from Jakey my driver whilst I just paddled hard. Really good improvised workout.

So there you have it, I am now pretty much recovered from the Ultra, hopefully my knee will hold up when I test it out, but I am yet to run on it. Need to get into a routine and quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment