Sunday 16 May 2010

PB & Week 4 Training

Week 4 training looked like this:

Run - 5 Runs - 20.5 Miles Total - 6 Miles Longest
Bike - 3.5 Commutes - 55.5 Miles Total - 8 Miles Longest
Swimming - None
Strength - None.

From the totals looks like a disappointing week and to an extent it was. The main reason for the low mileage was a pain in the sole of my left foot. Ran through it to Wednesday but then took Thursday and Friday off to give it a chance to heal before my race on Saturday morning.

Did the Parkrun whilst I was visiting the Mother in Law up North. Was a very pleasant hour, with Jan having a coffee as she watched me run past her 3 times. Managed a smile and a wave which was easier because I knew I was on for a PB. Finished in 39th place in a time a of 21"11 a PB of 56 seconds. My previous 5K was run at the end of October and so I expected to PB but was nice to do so by such a big margin. Hopefully stands me in goodstead for another big PB at the 10K at the end of the month.

The bike went well but my legs got heavy as the days progressed. I can't resist hammering it hard. Will make a concerted effort to take it easier next week as I have a longer cycle and run planned for Sunday. Hoping to post big numbers with 100 miles Bike and 40 Miles Run on my plan along with a swim which Lauren & I have pencilled in for Wednesday. Train hard, train smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment